How To Develop Good Homework Habits: Expert Advice
Whether you are studying in school or college, you need to form a habit of doing your homework. Many students don’t have interest and thus they avoid doing it. It can happen due to many reasons. But it is necessary for the family and teacher of the student to grow interest in the children to do their homework. The family can help them organise their work and make a time-schedule to do their homework.
Tips to form better homework habits
There are certain advices or tips that may render help to form good homework habits among students. Here follows some steps:
- First of all it is necessary to understand what your child’s problem in doing school work is. As soon as you identify his or her problem you can make them understand the importance of school work.
- Make routine for your child so that he or she may sit to do the school work in a particular time every day.
- It is always advised to make a separate room for the child to study. This will make the child concentrate on her work and her mind won’t get deviated.
- Keep all the necessary objects like, books, copies, pencils, pens, etc within the child’s reach. So that he or she doesn’t get distracted.
- When your child is studying, it is better to switch off the TV or radio. They distract the child’s attention very easily. It’s necessary to maintain peace in and around the room so that your child can complete the school work on time.
- Keep your child away from video games when he is doing the school work. Don’t let your child get addicted to video games as it will hamper his studies.
- It will be better to keep away mobile phones while he or she studies. Try not to talk over phone when she is studying as this may lead to interruption of studies.
- School work might seem boring to your child. Try to make the task full of fun. This will help develop school work habit.
- Make your child feel confident about the task. Praise their hard work and encourage them to do the work. This will build interest in them to complete their work.
- The child feels secured when the parents guide them in their work. Therefore, it is necessary to guide your child in doing school work. This will grow more interest in them to work in a better way.