How To Handle Year 5 English Homework Without Effort
It is a common knowledge that English is the universal language and the medium of instruction. It is estimated that nearly seventy-five percent of the world’s population speak English. This is a great challenge especially for incoming college freshmen because if you are not a native speaker of the language and your performance during your secondary school years is poor, you might not be able to survive in college; or worst, you might need a tutor in order to help you along the way. Let this article help and guide you to do your homework without so much effort. The following are:
- Self- study or practice. It all begins in your family. If you are not a native speaker of the language or speaks the language but still has difficulty understanding it, then it’s time to consider helping yourself first.
- Keep a record of vocabulary words with their meanings. If you don’t have a dictionary or thesaurus at home, in school or the office, write the word/s in a simple note and try searching its meaning if you have time.
- Listen to native speakers and learn from them. It is possible that if you observe people speaking English fluently, you might understand them and use it for your own good.
- Read a lot of supplemental materials and be rewarded for your effort. This is very helpful since almost all reading materials are in English. By reading, your retention will help you remember important points in a news article or an essay.
- Watch news and documentaries as a hobby. This will help you pronounce the word correctly with the correct intonation and accent.
- Do a comprehensive research for a difficult assignment. There is no better way to do homework in English except scanning the books or surfing the Internet.
- Pay close attention to your teacher. The main problem with the difficulty of any subject especially English is your behavior. If you keep on talking while your teacher is explaining then, you are the problem, not the subject.
- Ask questions, clarifications or more examples. As a student, it is your basic right to receive good answers from your professor.
- Participate in the classroom and a group study. Two or more heads are better than one.
- Ask someone to help you. With the help of a friend, a classmate or a well-versed family member, you will solve and do all your homework.
- Hire a private tutor. If you can afford such, then it is the best option.
The following suggestions may take a lot of time to digest but if you are optimistic that you can do it, nothing is impossible. Have the faith in the Almighty, courage, persistence and perseverance will not just help you survive doing a simple homework. It will open new doors for you to explore and discover.